Hey Rebels! In this episode Caroline and Kelly continue their advice about how they rock Instagram @creativebizrebellion and why they love it. In this episode they talk text and characters, hashtags, bios, links, automated trolls, and insta-stories to help your rock your product based business using social media.
Text and Character:
- 2,200 limit on posts
- limit is 30 (this is too many anyway)
- Use spaces between your hashtags
- What hashtags will YOUR customers be searching-Be very specific
- Only First 3 Lines Show in Feed: Make sure they are attention grabbing.
Hashtags serve a pretty important purpose- Caroline
Bio and Links:
- Use headshots so buyers can see who you are, large teams can use branding, artwork, or product instead
- Character limit is 150 characters
- Describe your company and what you sell
- Call to action for your customers
- Bitly links: Link shortener (bitly.com)
- Caroline also creates URL redirects to shorten links
- You get one link in your Bio
- In the comments use your bitly link and you can track how many people have clicked on the them.
Robots and Trolls: Automatic comments in your feed
- Short comments are fine, just make sure you are not being a robot!
- Caroline and Kelly talk about which ones you can keep and which ones you can report and block.
- Do not purchase services that allow you to do this.
- Kelly talks about great ways to get followers for your instagram account
I love that I can just like photos now -Kelly
- Gives you a chance to share your business other than using photos
- Great for behind the scenes
- You can tag people in stories and they receive a direct message
- Start searching for insta stories to get inspiration
I have a problem with video-that’s a whole nother episode -Kelly
With instagram stories, I do not have to learn snapcha -Caroline
If you have a second please jump over to iTunes and leave us a review! Click on the link and then click on “view in iTunes” to leave us a review. We give you all the virtual fist bumps. Thank you!